Friday, November 2, 2007

I forgot my gratitude for the day!

I have to remember to include my gratitude moment this month since I have also signed up to be grateful in this month-long blogging project. Today I am grateful for my husband. Yes, his technology makes my life a bit messy sometimes, but he always fixes more problems than he creates. He is great with the kids. If I need something, he finds a way to make it happen. He even tries to keep ahead of my needs. Little things, but they let me know he is thinking of me--and that's a big thing. Yesterday he bought me some power bars because they were on sale, and he gave me a $10 bill as I was on the way out the door to dance. (I have a little indulgence on Thursday nights. While my daughter is at her 90 min dance lesson, I go with another mother to the restaurant across the street. We hash out our past week and give each other support over a glass of wine. As far as therapy goes--it's a bargain.)
This morning I was very early for a hair appointment, and I shared waiting room time with two widows. They were both telling stories of their husbands and how much they missed them. Mark and I have a date planned for this weekend. It's a silly date--I'm sure I'll blog about it later, but I am happy we are making time for one another, and I am thankful to have had him in my life all these years.

No comments: