Monday, December 31, 2007

Year in Review--my favs

Taking stock--here is a list of some of my favorite things of 2007. I'd call them the Jilly AWards--but that just sounds stupid.

Work of fiction--(other than Summers at Blue Lake)-- Water for Elephants

Memoir--Tie between Animal Vegetable Mineral and Julie and Julia

Non-fiction Art Lessons

Cookbook--Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill Cookbook

Best book I read aloud to the kids--Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (duh!)

Favorite TV shows--Men in Trees; Entourage

Favorite movie rentals--Out of the 65 I rented this year, I can't pick one: Pi, Faith in Chaos; Jean de Flourette/Manon of the Spring; Raise the Red Lantern; Pursuit of Happyness; Sylvia

Favorite Movie with the kids--Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (We have yet to see The Golden Compass--loved the book!)

Favorite Museum and Exhibit--Mingei International Museum in San Diego and the Eva Zeisel exhibit

Favorite Music: Songs of Mass Destruction by Annie Lennox; Not too Late by Norah Jones; To Love Again by Chris Botti, Hurricane on the Bayou soundtrack, No promises by Carla Bruni

Favorite running song on my iPod: Tina Turner You Better be Good to me--extended version

Favorite song to have on while cooking (still): Superstitious

Favorite song that my daughter plays on her sax: I feel good

Favorite coffee: Green Mountain Dark Magic

Favorite wine: Life is too short to choose just one. Reynolds family Pinot Noir, perhaps? Can't get it in PA. We've been enjoying Pedroncelli, Heron. And locally, we like Moondancer's newly released meritage. Lots of reds with lots of steak dinners.

Favorite restaurant: Tratoria Fratinelli

Favorite local hangout: Johnny's Steakhouse

Favorite date night--The Greek Festival--though my 20th class reunion, Trat Frat, and First Friday in Lancaster were also good times.

Favorite place for a sunset: Moondance in Ohio

Favorite zen moment: Sitting on the "haystacks" (rock formations) and dipping my feet in the Loyalsock river.

Favorite Christmas present: A Dan Witmer sculpture to start my sculpture garden. I am notoriously hard to buy for and/or surprise. Not the type you buy jewelry for--can't get into gemstones. This was a great (almost perfect) surprise from my husband.

No comments: