Monday, December 17, 2007

Another great weekend

On Friday night, we had a small gathering to watch my alma mater, Univeristy of Delaware, lose the national championship in football. We didn't actually watch much of the game. Instead, it was a casual gathering of friends, reconnecting over food (fried ravioli was the favorite) and the comical game Boxers or Briefs.

On Saturday morning, we met my in-laws for breakfast. We used to meet them on a weekly basis, back in the day when the kids were small. I think my marathon training in 2003 curbed that. It has been a long time since I had breakfast out (not including the occasional bagel, muffin run). I enjoyed just sitting and being waited upon. Afterwards, the kids went to make press cookies with grandma. They do it every year. Mark and I went shopping, took a nap, and then went to Moon Dancer winery to taste their newly released Meritage and listen to an instrumental trio play holiday music. We finished our day at Mark's parents, where we had an extended family dinner over take-out (but still--I didn't have to feed anybody all day!).

Sunday, the weather was awful with sleet and rain. I remained in my pajamas, reading mostly, until about 4 PM when we declared an end to sloth and inactivity with a family yoga session. Dinner (A pretty fancy affair considering that I didn't cook at all the day before. We ate in the dining room). A game of pinochle. The Survivor finale. All activities done as a family, so that was pretty special. My kids are growing up. We won't have these kind of days forever.
So there you have it: a weekend in which I spent time with friends, extended family, my husband, time alone and with my immediate family.

No comments: