I've signed up for National Novel Writing Month and made a commitment to write a novel in November. A 50,000 word commitment. This was brought on by a call I received from my agent last night. I had sent her a bunch of novel possibilities and we plowed through them with her notes. We touched on some reading I should do as examples and now I am chomping at the bit. Nothing like making a 2,000 word a day commitment for November.
Then, on the advise of my dear friend Elena (who the world knows as French Toast Girl), I joined National Blog Posting Month. In this effort, I am trying to gain visibility as an author and get my book out there. For this commitment, I must post once a day in November. (They didn't say how long the posts had to be.) I have also within that commitment, committed to posting a word of gratitude every day. It is the month of Thanksgiving. Did I mention that it is my favorite holiday? Did I mention that I am hosting Thanksgiving.
Goals for November:
- Blog every day
- Write a novel
- Give Thanks every day
- Host Thanksgiving and supper-go-round for church
- Watch my husband run a marathon (Spectator! Yeah!)
- Matron of Honor duties at my best friend's wedding shower (Easy! She is no bridezilla.)
- Paint a portrait on commission
- Woman-to-Woman participation
- Parent/teacher conferences at school
- Present a workshop at Radiance
December 1st may find me in the fetal position under my desk, but I am going to try to rise to this challenge. I have a week to mentally prepare!