Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Fireworks

I am a Pisces, water sign. If I had to characterize 2009 in terms of my wateriness, I would use the word 'frozen'. I accomplished some things, but no real flow in the areas that I consider priorities--especially in areas of career and health. I lived in my head a lot, dreaming up elaborate strategies for the time when things would be more settled and I could get down to business.

So, 2010. A new decade. Trying not to put too much pressure on myself didn't work last year. I work best under a little pressure. I need to add a little fire to the pot in the form of action. Hopefully it will get the water flowing again. Year of the Tiger coming up on February 14. It seems a good year to explore passions, spirit, moving energies.

Last night, in spite of frozen rain, we went out as a family to celebrate the New Year. On the way home, shortly after midnight, the rain seemed to be subsiding and a big firework explosion lit the night sky. Just one. But sometimes, one spark is all it takes. Happy 2010! May the new year ignite possibilities and change them into realities.

Recipe for the day: Rachael Ray's Buffalo Chicken Meatballs perfect for college football party

No comments: