Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Orange Hummus

Working on my new orange-hued facebook was a frustration--especially the marathon session I did on Tuesday. I barely moved from the laptop. Then I realized I had to make something for Maren's lunch. Gone are the days of ham sandwiches with the new pescetarian regime. So I set out to make hummus, which I have done before. I decided to go with Mollie Katzen's Orange Hummus recipe from her Enchanted Broccoli Forest cookbook. Oranges are in season, and I had some on hand. So after a whirl in the blender, a few slices of veggies, and packaged bagel chips, I had lunch for both of us. I admit I tasted it right away. That was enough to know I could barely wait until noon the next day. I needed that small triumph after my day of frustration. So today, Maren came home and, unprompted, told me that the orange hummus was amazing. Click on the link to see the recipe and judge for yourself. It a little bit of sunshine in this winter haze.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Orange Hummus sounds good. This week I experimented with adding a bit more nutrition to hummus with different vegetables. I'll let you know when I get the recipe posted.