Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Latest Breakfast craze

I have a new breakfast thing going. Bob's Red Mill 6-Grain hot cereal with flax seed. Make it in the microwave. Add a splash of milk. Some blueberries. I could add honey, but I add toasted coconut which seems the most decadent thing in the world. I refuse to look at the nutritional information of the toasted coconut. It is helping me get my anti-toxins, omega-3's and fiber. I actually have started craving this now. Pretty good for someone who is usually in muffin mode.

I have also started taking vitamins with breakfast. I don't know what the results are. Perhaps I'll never know. I am looking for energy and if it can help focus my brain, keep me healthy, help my joints and help me live a longer more productive life, so be it.

Still drinking my 16 oz of coffee. Black. Thought about giving it up for some sort of tea. Seems more spa-like. More in line with a morning yoga practice. I don't know. I recently gave up all sodas. I was drinking about one coke zero day at lunch time. Wanted to be done with chemicals. We'll see. I'm not on some drastic health kick, but if I can make a few gradual changes, it may be worth it.

1 comment:

Ginger Root said...

I LOVE Bob's Red Mill. I was doing the 9 grain for a while, but am now all about the steel-cut oats. Dried cranberries, walnuts and coconut added after cooking on stove.

My husband calls it horse food. He has no idea what he's missing.