Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day Daring

Happy Earth Day. I got a happy earth day email from my friend Regina. She wished me enjoyment and care of our sweet earth. Some of my earth day activities included going for my usual 4 miles walk, buying plants for my garden, finding out where and when I can buy more plants from Happy Cat Organics, signing up for online banking to use less paper, reading about safe cleansers online, taping Oprah's special on saving money by going green, stopping a farmer alongside the road and asking him about his new project of free range chickens and where I can buy the eggs (more on that later), and stopping for an ice cream cone. (I ate the container. No waste!) Small things--but all today. My other new and earth-friendly practices of continuing to cancel catalogs as they trickle in and composting are ongoing.

No comments: