Saturday, May 10, 2008

Updates

I just wanted to update on some of the posts I wrote previously.

I did not get accepted for the PA Artist in Residence program this year. I wrote that the interview was daunting, but it was also good. I was able to work through my ideas with the committee. I realize now that those ideas were not fully formed at the time of my interview. They invited me to reapply next year. I have enormous respect for the program. It is something I will consider, but I must see where I am in my life and career process next year at this time. I, too, am a work in progress.

From disappointment to elation. At the service auction for our church, we auctioned off a book club with a tapas style dinner at the author's house for six people. I was nervous about putting myself out there. But the auction went well. Seats at the book club went for $100 a piece, raising $600 for our church. I was very pleased, and I can't wait for the event to happen.

No comments: