Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Fabulous Sharon Naylor Toris

Four years ago tomorrow, I had the great honor of being matron of honor at my college roommate's wedding. This was no ordinary wedding, and this is no ordinary friend. Sharon is my mentor and my idol. This woman has written more than 35 books and is considered one of the top wedding planning experts in the country. Sharon and Joe's wedding was over-the-top glamourous fun--and this foodie's dream. It seemed that all possible wedding vendors were out to impress her. Self Magazine recently called on Sharon to comment on Brangelina's engagement. Sharon has helped me so much over the years: commenting on my writing, giving me advice, handing me the inside scoop on the publishing industry. I couldn't be happier for Sharon and Joe (I'll have to extol his virtues in another blog entry.) and their four years of wedded bliss.

'Tis the season for weddings. So whether you are a bridesmaid, toastmaster, penny-pincher, Mother-of-the-groom, style guru, or the bride herself, Sharon Naylor has a book for every member of the wedding party. Check out her books and articles. Tell her Jill sent you.

1 comment:

cynthia t said...

You look lovely in this pic and what a cool friend/mentor to have!